Introduction & Mission
The committee shall promote greater awareness of available City resources and services and act as a conduit between the Board and Venice neighborhoods, assisting in community outreach and bringing neighborhood issues to the attention of the Board.
About The Neighborhood Committee
Chaired by the Vice President. Using the eight (8) existing neighborhoods defined in the Venice Specific Plan plus the additional neighborhood east of Lincoln Boulevard as a guide, the Committee shall consist of, at a minimum, nine (9) Stakeholders, one (1) from each neighborhood, plus the Chair. Nine (9) Neighborhood Committee members shall be elected by the Board of Officers from a list of candidates who have formally communicated to the Board their desire to serve on the Neighborhood Committee. The Board shall, within thirty (30) days after beginning their term, hold a Board of Officers meeting for the election of Neighborhood Committee members. The candidate with the highest vote totals in each of the nine (9) districts shall be elected. Other neighborhoods and/or Stakeholders representing other neighborhoods or neighborhood interests may be added at the discretion of the Neighborhood Committee.
East of Lincoln: William Wood
Marina Peninsula: Cassie Hermiston-Boyd
North Venice: Jeremy Loeb
Oakwood: Chuck Rosin
Oxford Triangle: Reta Moser
Silver Strand: Felicia Salzbart
Southeast Venice: Yolanda Gonzalez
Venice Canals: Darryl Dufay
Lincoln Business Corridor: Sergio Perez
North of Rose: Nic Hippisley-Coxe
To contact the Committee click HERE
- Neighborhood Council redistricting is coming. Please contact us and let us know your thoughts about the boundaries of the VNC.
- WE NEED YOU TO EMAIL US YOUR LIST OF SIDEWALK REPAIRS. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and list “Sidewalk Repair” on the Subject Line. Include an exact address or as close to an exact address as possible and describe as best you can. Photos are appreciated.
- WE ARE REQUESTING SIGNS FROM THE CITY. If you live in an area where you feel you need better signage (i.e., "Slow, Children at Play"), please email to email@example.com and list “Sidewalk Repair” on the Subject Line. Include an exact address or as close to an exact address as possible and describe as best you can. Photos are appreciated.
- FEMA resources. The federal government has declared much of Venice west of Lincoln a flood zone, which will require homeowners to carry mandatory flood insurance. We are fighting back. Click here to see if your property is in a flood zone: https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search?AddressQuery=90291#searchresultsanchor
- Updates to Neighborhood Council Plans. If you have an idea of how we can improve the Neighborhood Council system, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and list “NC Improvements” on the Subject Line. We would love to hear your comments.
- Trash and Recycling Pickup. Cut and paste this link for service requests: https://www.lacitysan.org/san/faces/home?_afrLoop=15830681412638089&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null&_adf.ctrl-state=ujobf7oro_1#!%40%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26_afrLoop%3D15830681412638089%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dujobf7oro_5
- FEMA resources: https://www.fema.gov/flood-maps/change-your-flood-zone
- STREET REPAIR. WE NEED YOU TO EMAIL US YOUR LIST OF STREET REPAIRS. Please email to email@example.com and list “Street Repair” on the Subject Line. Include an exact address or as close to an exact address as possible; list if it is a POTHOLE, BUMP, SIDEWALK, CURB or OTHER; and describe as best you can.
- The Neighborhood Committee Insta account @veniceneighborhoods will be bringing you great pics of all our wonderful Venice! So if you have a great pic of a Venice, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post it… and please let us know where it is and share some info about it.
- Pickleball in Venice! (Coming soon)
Meeting Time & Location
9:00 am. Via Zoom. First Friday of every month, schedules permitting.
Click HERE to download a committee application for 2022-23 Board
Click HERE to view a map of the Venice Neighborhood Committee Areas west of Lincoln
The Neighborhood Committee conducts its business by reviewing and prioritizing agenda requests for Board action (generally either in the form of a motion or letter) or announcements submitted by stakeholders, governmental entities and other interested individuals and organizations.
Neighborhood Committee Committee has the discretion to postpone a request, refer it to a specific committee for review and recommendation, treat it as an announcement or consider and resolve it as a non-Board administrative matter.
CLICK HERE to fill out an Agenda Request.